Wreck diver training at Alba
Wreck diving appeals to divers for numerous reasons. You may be interested in the history of a wreck. Additionally, you may be drawn more to the marine life sheltering on a wreck.
Whatever your motivation, undertaking a wreck speciality course is essential to diving wrecks safely. Your instructor will outline the hazards associated with diving and penetrating inside wrecks, and outline risk management techniques and diving procedures that are designed to keep you safe.
Therefore, always seek training from an experienced instructor with wreck penetration experience. Our instructor used to work in Truk Lagoon and is a cave diver and advanced wreck instructor.
Raid Advanced Wreck
Following the online theory, the course consists of land-based skills practice, a pool session, and 4 open water dives, including a penetration dive. The course normally takes 3 days to complete.
Requirements for the course include:
- Be a minimum of 15 years old.
Be certified as a RAID advanced 35 diver or equivalent.
Complete the RAID registration procedures.
For more information about the Raid Advanced Wreck course, please click here.
SDI Wreck diver
You can do all the theory-side for this course online. The practical training includes land-based skills practice. You must complete 3 open water dives, which includes shallow skills practice in our house reef, and a final penetration dive.
- You must be an SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent.
- You should be at least 18 years old, 15 for limited penetration course with parental consent.
- Parental consent for the non-penetration course if 10 years old.
- Because of the nature of wreck diving, junior Open Water Divers cannot undertake penetration activities, or dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet.
- You must have a deep diver certification, or be able to provide proof of experience in order to dive deeper than 18 metres/60 feet in this course.
For more information about the SDI Wreck Diver course, please click here.
If you would like more information or have any questions about Wreck Diving courses at Villa Alba, please get in touch.